Project > When view: This view allows you to display and organize your tasks in a timeline. This view is the representation of a Gantt chart.
Here is all you can do in the When view:
- Plan a project
- Change display settings
Planning a project in the When view
Note: Changes made in one view are automatically carried over to the other views of the project (What and Who).
Create and schedule a new task
Use the field below the task list to add a new task to the project.
Schedule an existing task (not yet scheduled) directly in the schedule. On the line corresponding to this task in the schedule, click on the start or end date of your task:
Once this task is added to the schedule, you will be able to change its duration.
Reschedule, extend or shorten a task
To modify the duration or dates of a task directly in the schedule:
- To reschedule a task, use drag-and-drop
- To extend or shorten a task, position your cursor at one end of the task and use the handles to change the duration
If this modification affects one or several linked tasks, these tasks are automatically moved. If a milestone task prevents moving, this limit is indicated by an orange zone.
To modify the duration or dates of a task in the task details panel:
Click on a task in the schedule to display the When tab of the task details window. You can then change the dates, times and duration.
Create a sequence of tasks
Use the links between the tasks if the tasks must be carried out in a specific order. For example, if task B cannot start until task A is completed. Hover over a task to display the starting point of a link at its end . Click on this circle, then use drag-and-drop to bring the end of the arrow to the task to be linked.
You can create as many links as you want and the tasks will be automatically organized accordingly.
Click on a link to remove it.
Milestones are important steps in a project. They mark a deadline, a stopping point in a process. It can be a delivery date, a step requiring validation...
Task detail> When tab: at the bottom of the window, check the "Milestone task" box to activate it.
A milestone task is represented with arrow ends in the planning views . In a succession of tasks, milestones will be taken into account when you reschedule linked tasks.
Reschedule a project
The "Project from" _ "to" field (located at the bottom of the planning window) is automatically completed with the start date of the first task of your project and the end date of the last task.
If you change the start or end date of the project, it is then moved as a whole and keeps the organization of the tasks.
Display task status
A color code is used to display the status of tasks according to their schedule:
- Red: late
- Orange: in progress
- Gray: coming soon
- Green: finished
When the times logged on a task exceed its scheduled duration, the excess is materialized in the form of hatches.
Change display settings
- You can display your tasks in chronological order, by task list or in a custom order. Click on the drop-down menu on top of the list of tasks to change the display. In the custom order, use drag-and-drop to organize the tasks within the list.
- Use the filters at the top right to customize the display.
- Use the calendar icon at the bottom right to choose a display date and the arrows to navigate.
- Adjust the zoom level with the slider at the bottom right.
- Go to the project settings to customize the following:
- Reinforce the display of the task status: thicker colored outline of the task
- Zoom in on the hours worked: the display is based on the working hours configured for the project and reduces the display of hours or days not worked (for example reduction of weekend columns)