Project > Who view: This view allows you to display and organize your tasks in a timeline for each member. On the line corresponding to each member, you see the tasks assigned to them.
You can perform several actions, you will find the list below.
- Plan a project in the Who view
- Display and and assignment of tasks
- Share a project
- Time display
- Change display settings
Plan a project in the Who view
Schedule a task
You can directly schedule an existing task (not yet scheduled) in the schedule. The task appears in the schedule in gray (opposite the name of a member if it is assigned, or in the "Unassigned tasks" category at the bottom of the schedule if not). Click on the task directly in the schedule and move it to the desired date to schedule it.
You can also click on the task, then click on the When tab of the task details window. You can then add the dates, times and duration.
Reschedule, extend or shorten a task
To modify the duration or dates of a task directly in the schedule:
- To reschedule a task, use drag-and-drop
- To extend or shorten a task, position your cursor at one end of the task and use the handles to change the duration
To modify the duration or dates of a task in the task details panel:
Click on a task in the schedule to display the task details window, go to the When tab. You can then change the dates, times and duration.
Display and and assignment of tasks
View unassigned tasks
You can view the list of project members in the column to the left of the planning. Below this list is an "Unassigned tasks" panel. The number indicates how many tasks are included in this category. Click on the panel to open it and display the tasks in the schedule.
Assign unassigned tasks
To assign an unassigned task to a member, click and drag the task to the row of the member to whom you want to assign the task.
To assign the task to several members or modify the assignment, click on the task in the planning to display the detail, then in the Who tab, make your modifications. See the article on task assignment to learn more.
Display task status
A color code is used to display the status of tasks according to their schedule:
- Red: late
- Orange: in progress
- Gray: coming soon
- Green: finished
When the time logged on a task exceed its scheduled duration, the excess is materialized in the form of hatches.
Share a project
Below the list of members, you can select a new member to add to the project from the "Search a member" drop-down menu. Type the member's name if the member does not exist in your list of members, it will be automatically created and added both to your list of members and to the list of members who share the project.
Use the toggle button to search for a member or smart-tag.
You can use the toggle button at the top left to switch to viewing time management by member and by task.
Visit this article dedicated to the display of time to learn more.
Change display settings
- Use the filters at the top right to customize the display (by member, smart-tag, task status, labels)
- Use the calendar icon at the bottom right to choose a display date and the arrows to navigate.
- Adjust the zoom level with the slider and the icons at the bottom right.
- Project > "Settings" icon in the top right corner of the window to customize display options. For more information, please read the article dedicated to display options of a project.